Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1: What Are Its Benefits?
What Is Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1?
Sitecore Commerce has been one of the big names in eCommerce platforms for several years. Originally owned by Microsoft, the platform was acquired by Sitecore in 2013, and since then, Sitecore has released a number of updates.
Based on Microsoft.NET technologies, Sitecore Commerce Server is a complete set of tools to create, develop and operate eCommerce websites and software applications. It can be hosted on a company’s own servers or run in the cloud.
What Can You Do With Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1.?
Sitecore Commerce is better thought of as a toolkit rather than a finished platform. It consists of six major components:
1. Core Systems, which include catalog, inventory, order, discount and profile management;
2. Integration Points, allowing you to combine orders, catalog, inventory and profiles with tools like BizTalk Adapter;
3. Desktop Business Tools that allow you to take care of business from any device, anywhere;
4. Commerce Server Staging;
5. Merchandising Manager, a comprehensive catalog management tool); and
6. Sitecore Experience Platform integration.
With these components, it’s easy to craft an eCommerce platform that addresses every step of your B2B or B2C process—from taking orders to monitoring logistics and throughput.
What Does It Take to Get Started With Sitecore Commerce?
Here are the hardware and software requirements:
• At a minimum, for a single server, you need a 4 core 2.5 GHz processor, 8GB of memory, and a 500GB hard drive;
• The software framework can be a .NET Framework 4.5.2 Developer Pack; ASP.NET MVC 4 or later or ASP.NET Core;
• Your O.S. needs to be one of the Windows Professional or Windows Server systems listed here – this page also lists Database, Web server, PowerShell and Dev Environment specs;
• You’ll also (obviously) need the Sitecore 8.2.1. software itself as well as the Sitecore Experience Platform 8.2 Update-1, both of which you can download from dev.sitecore.net.
A favorite among developers for its power and flexibility, Sitecore Commerce is intuitive to use. But there is a learning curve. You can shortcut the process by working with the Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1. experts at C2. Please call or email us to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs!